Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fishing in Bed

Instead of reading books before bed the last few nights, we have played the card game, Go Fish, instead.  Collin had not heard of the game and found it when we were cleaning up his room this past weekend.  We play three games (on his bed) no matter how long it takes.  Of course, he bargins to play "just one more" before having to lay down and go to sleep. 

At first, he did not cheat because he was learning the game.  Now that he knows how to play, he either:
  • Wants it to be his turn every time
  • Wants to see my cards before asking for a card
  • Wants to play his turn after I get a match when it's supposed to be my turn again
As with most kids, he does not like to lose.  If I do win (yes, I do win...it's good for him to understand he cannot win all of the time), then I don't make a big deal about it.

Last night, he got smart and bargined for three games of Go Fish AND one book.  I agreed but knew that after the one book he would want more.....and he did.  At least he is still predictable at this age.

No comments: