Thursday, May 23, 2013

"Where's my brother ?" or "Can I get a dog now?"

I knew when we moved back into the house that the questions would start again about the status of his brother and his dog.  We had been telling him that we needed to move back into the house before we could even consider either a brother or a dog.  SO....we have moved back into the house and he expect to have what he has been waiting for.

It's hard to explain to him that:
  • The house still has some work which we have to schedule throughout the week
  • There is unpacking and moving back into the house.  He is still sleeping in what used to be the playroom until we move him back into his old room....or set him up in the old playroom and let his brother, when he does eventually arrive, take his old room.
  • I am still going through chemo so my energy level is not there and I don't feel good some days
  • I am not home regularly now that I am back at work
  • We still need to finish the adoption home study which has a list of over 10 items that have to be completed first before our case worker comes out for the visit.  These items include additional training, fire inspection (well, the loose wires in the house have to be repaired but we have to wait on the internet provider first...see the list expanding?), pictures of the house, update our file for car insurance and registration, fire escape plan....OK, my heart is elevating just thinking about this list alone.
  • We are planning our June vacation.  Yes, the family is going on vacation which is rare for us.  We do really need it especially what we have gone through in the last 5 months.  We told Collin about our plan and he is excited....but still wants a brother and dog.
I cannot even THINK about having a dog right now.  With "chemo brain", I cannot even remember to bring my lunch in the car that I packed.  Yep, I left it sitting by the front door.  I only put it there 5 minutes before I left.  You would think I could remember it.  Nope....

No comments: