Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Little Nurse

It's been a rough few days after I started my first round of chemo last Thursday.  I was tired Thursday night when I got home, so I rested in a comfy chair which Collin refers to as my sick chair.  When he got home, he saw me resting there.  He went into his room and came out with some of his favorite stuffed animals including Monkey.  He placed these around me in the chair and then gave me a kiss.  That made me feel SO much better already.

Friday was a great day which I was not expecting but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Saturday was completely the opposite of Friday and a TERRIBLY nauseous, dizzy, fatigued day.  I was hit hard and really wanted to be able to move around that day without feeling so terrible.  I stayed in bed a little longer that morning.  Collin came in to give me a kiss and pulled the covers up over me a little more. before leaving the room.  The rest of the day, he was really gentle with me especially when I reminded him that I did not feel as good.  I did feel OK enough to watch him play his Tball game at 1pm.  I sat in a chair the entire time but was so glad I was there to watch him hit the ball, run the bases, field the ball and throw it.  I know he liked having me there because I saw him wave at me a few times.  We came home and took a nap together which helped.  I finally felt 50% better around 6pm.

Sunday was mostly the same as Saturday.  Here we go again.  Laying in bed for another 1 1/2 hours helped some.  I was at least able to walk around, slowly, without feeling so dizzy.  I was eventually able to participate in the day and go out to dinner with the family that night.

Monday...yep, the same but still a little better.  I got up to help make Collin's lunch and then had to rest an hour before getting ready for a doctor's appointment that morning (my port is flipped so we need to see what the surgeon can do about it).  Collin came into my room and put his cold hand on my head.  What relief!  I felt like I was hot so this really did help. 

I felt OK at the appointment and was able to almost stand up straight and walk without too much stomach pain.  I also attended a class that afternoon from the American Cancer Society but...thank goodness they had Sprite.  I really needed it to settle my stomach during the class.  I did have my medicine but thought the nausea was still controllable at that point.  I got home and needed to rest on the couch.  When Collin came home from his swim practice that afternoon, he saw me on the couch, jumped up next to me, crawled under the covers with me and gave me kisses.  Awwww......again ,this helped me feel so much better.  We laid there for about 15 minutes finishing a TV show I was watching before I got up to make him dinner.  It was around 6pm again and I felt the best of the day.  I guess 6pm is the magic time for the few days after chemo.  At least I have my little nurse with me for days like these. 

No comments: