Thursday, April 5, 2012

Vanilla and Chocolate

Yesterday, I met Daddy close to my office so that he could head to a meeting at the shop.  Collin and I checked out his "baby" house that will be going back on the market tomorrow.  He helped me determine if any lights were burnt out be jumping to flip the switch on or off.  He was too funny rounding the corner on the first set of stairs because he bent over, looked at the floor and said, "She cleaned.  The bug is not there anymore".  He was remembering a bug in that spot the last time he was at the house. 

Once we determined how many bulbs we needed and other supplies to clean the house today, we headed to Home Depot to get the supplies.  Before we got out of the car, Collin told me that he wanted a plant with flowers to put in our house.  I did not think a $5 plant would be a big deal, so I let him pick out an indoor blooming plant.  He picked one that had yellow flowers and later placed it in the house in our living room by the TV "so that we can look at it everyday". 

When we were leaving, I asked if he was ready for dinner and what he wanted to eat.  Besides stating that he wanted to eat nuggets at his house, he also said that he wanted "banilla" ice cream.  It WAS a hot day and I thought that was a good idea.  On the way to get some ice cream from the grocery store, Collin explained that he was "banilla" and so was Alex, Jacob and Ellie.  His friends Meghna and Ism were Chocolate.  I don't know if he used these references because we just talked about the different flavors of ice cream we were about to get at the store or if he does refer to himself as "banilla".  He did confirm that he notices the difference in people's hair, eyes and skin color.  Very observant.

No comments: