Monday, April 23, 2012

Kitty Bedtime

Collin still regularly pretends to be a dog, cat or another animal.  Tonight, he was kitty and wanted me to be kitty's mommy.  I thought that would be easy enough because I am already "kitty's" mommy...or so I thought.  What I was required to do was to only speak like a kitty.  Collin wanted me to read his books by only meowing....so I did.  That was hard and fun at the same time.  One book required me to sing Happy Birthday.  Collin recognized what I was singing when I was meowing the song and started to laugh.  Then it was time for kitty to crawl in bed which he thankfully did.  I continued to be kitty's mom and licked kitty good night on the cheek because kitty's don't kiss, they lick.  He liked that I continued to play my role.  I did lay on the bottom bunk for a little while because I was tired.  Instead of him checking on me to see if I was there by either stating simply "Mommy" or "Are you still there?' he meowed.  I replied by meowing back. 

Gotta love the imagination. 

No comments: