Sunday, April 22, 2012

One Tired Mommy!

The weekend was not what I expected it was going to be like but it was a great weekend nonetheless.  I am ready for bed but want to capture the weekend before I forget some of the details.  Most of the weekend was spent taking care of Saige's mom, Kristen, because she had an abscessed tooth.  The infection made her cheek swell and she could barely talk.  I spent the night with Collin at her house Friday and almost Saturday night so I could be there for Kristen.  Good thing I was there on Friday night because she got up a few times during the night and needed my help.  Collin did like spending the night at the girl's house especially because I slept in Linden's bed with him. 

Besides it being MS150 weekend, the family did the following:
  • Grandma H met us at the house to go to Collin's 9:15am Saturday game.  Remember that we were at Saige's house that night and morning.  I did pack his baseball clothes and bag so we would be ready to go and leave from Saige's house.  Daddy joined us mid-way through the game after he was finished with the MS150 duties from the morning.  He left the house at 4:15am which is the main reason Collin had to spend the night with me.

Collin running to 3rd base

  • After the game, Grandma H, Collin and I went to the mall so Grandma H could buy a few things.  We had so much fun that Grandma H and I returned to the mall after dropping Collin back off at the house.  Collin, Saige and Clayton were going to Monkey Joe's for a few hours to wear the kids out...I mean, so they could have some fun.
  • Saige came over later and played a little before we all headed back to her house to put everyone to bed so her mommy could go to the ER and get some help for her pain.  Here Saige and Collin are playing with Playdoh before playing in the playroom and then outside in the sandbox.
  • Helping open the new jars of Playdoh.  They each picked 3 colors to play with.
    Saige is playing with the Monkey and Collin is about to make "noodles"
  • Sunday morning, Collin and I got the family breakfast.  He really wanted a bagel and Daddy and I wanted breakfast tacos from "Caco Cabana" as Collin calls it.  I really did not want to go to two different places but would if Collin ate his breakfast.  We went to the bagel place first.  I told him that we would stop if there was not a line, and lucky for him, there was not one.  He wanted a bagel with pink stuff on it..aka strawberry cream cheese.  He wanted to eat it in the car.  I thought it might get a little messy, however, because he did not have much time to eat before Grandma H arrived, I let him.  He did great!  Nothing got on the car seat or on his PJs just all over his mouth.
  • Grandma H came to pick Collin up Sunday morning at 9am so that he could help her pick out plants and plant them in her yard.  I heard he had fun and really helped her out.  He arrived back at the house in time for him to take a short nap before he went to baseball practice.
  • While Collin was at Grandma H's, Daddy and I laid out by the pool for a few hours.  He jumped in the pool a few times to cool off while I read some magazines poolside.
  • I went for a swim at the club (750 meters) and then the grocery store because friends were coming over to the house later.
  • We went to Collin's 3pm Tball practice.  He did good hitting and fielding the ball.  We still need to get him his own helmet because all of the ones available are so big on him.
  • When we got home, Saige came over to play and then the Tirados (Nicole and Matt and their kids, Kyana, Madison and Jessica) came over to play and eat dinner.  The kids had a blast in the sand box and blowing bubbles outside.
What a weekend!  We are so blessed to have great friends, have a house were we can entertain at the spur of the moment and such a wonderful family. 

No comments: