Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sleepover with Saige

Because Saige's sister, Linden, had surgery to remove her adenoid, Saige spent the night at our house Friday night and stayed through Saturday morning.  She came over around dinner time.  Collin wanted to eat whatever Saige was having even though I knew he would not eat it all.  Saige eats more than Collin does...especially at dinner time.  They both ate a hamburger patty, strawberries and Saige ate some of her fries.  Collin did not finish his patty but did better than I thought he would.  When they were almost finished, Saige's mom arrived with an extra large cookie that a neighbor brought over for Linden.  The kids could not wait to eat it, so we did that before getting ready for bed.

I needed to bathe the kids separately and thought it best to bathe Saige first.  I knew Collin would be hanging right by the bathroom door wanting to know what we were doing.  I was hoping he would play in his playroom but he was not interested.  Saige wanted to play in the tub a little bit before I bathed her.  Collin was too cute outside the bathroom door.  He would say "Saige, it's OK if you play with my toys in the bathtub" or "Here are some new crayons you can use in the tub".  He wanted to know how much longer we were going to be and when it was going to be his turn.  I knew that he missed us and did not want to be left out of what was going on.  Too cute....  When it was his turn, he wanted to bathe quickly so he could get out and play with Saige.  Her mommy said that she goes to bed by 8pm most nights but I knew she would stay up later because she was at a friend's house.  I did want to be ready just in case she did want to go to sleep. 

After bath and brushing teeth, the kids played in the playroom while I cleaned up the kitchen.  By then, it was 8:30pm and they looked like they were getting tired but did not want to slow down.  I put a movie on in the playroom (it only took 10 minutes to agree to the same movie) so they would settle down.   I thought that at least one of them would fall asleep.  Thirty minutes later, they were both awake.  Saige said he was ready for a book and then to go to bed.  They each picked out a book and I read to them in the playroom so they could sit on both sides of me.  Then, they pottied and got in bed.  Thank goodness they did not fight about which bed they wanted to sleep in.  Saige slept on the bottom and Collin on the top bunk...his usual spot.  They did take another 30 minutes to fall asleep.  Saige kept getting up to go potty more or to look at Collin on the top bunk.  They did finally fall asleep, Collin first, after Daddy came in to turn the music on.

The next morning, I heard them talking around 6:15am.  Saige told Collin that she wanted to get up but to not go home.  She wanted him to get up but he needed to stretch first.  He said he needed to put his arms over his head and then stretch his toes.  It got quite and I heard them sneak in to look at me in the bed.  I pretended to be asleep so I could lay there just a few more minutes.  That lasted only 10 minutes.  They both crawled in and Collin started to jump on my back.  Hey, I am 42 years-old buddy! 

We got up to make breakfast, Monkey Bread.  The kids helped me cover the cut up biscuits with sugar and cinnamon and then put it in the pan.  While the Monkey Bread was baking, we made Mommy Bread (banana bread) so it could go into the over next.  After this time, Daddy came home from at cycling event to join us for breakfast.  Collin devoured his bread and Saige ate a good portion of hers.  She did say she really liked Monkey Bread.  I sent some home with her. 

Stirring the banana bread together
After breakfast, the kids played in the playroom, colored and played some games.  They started to get on each other's nerves, saying not so nice things to each other, so I separated them a few times.  Eventually, Saige wanted to go home.  It was around 10am.  We needed to start getting ready for Collin's Tball game which started at 11:45am.

Grandma H came over and we left to watch Collin play in his game.  He did great at trying to catch the ball but either blocking it or running towards it.  He did also hit the ball each time he was up to bat.  However, he does need to straighten out his run to 1st base.  Also, Daddy wants to get him his own batting helmet that is not as heavy.  You can tell when Collin runs that the helmet is heavy by the way he is running. 

After the game, we went to the mall for some Mexican food.  After Collin finally finished his food, he rode the carousel.  He watched it go around and around the first time so he could pick out which animal he rode.  He changed his mind several times but finally picked out a bunny because "he looks like the Easter Bunny".  He is getting older because he did not want me to stand too close to him while he was riding.  I knew that would happen eventually.


Glad he was tired by the time we got home.  He must have been because he took a 3 hour nap.  I was able to get some work done and go to the grocery store.  Yippie!

No comments: