Sunday, April 15, 2012

"Mommy, why do you have lipstick on?"

Saturday night, Daddy and I attended a gala.  We were invited by a good bike shop customer of ours.  It was a black tie event so I was excited all week to see Daddy not only in pants but in a tux for the evening.  I have never seen Daddy in a tux, not even for our wedding.  The theme was also "The Gatsby" so Daddy wore a black hat with his tux.  I had my hair put up in a french twist.  Later, I did wish that I had styled it down.  Daddy agreed because he said he really loved my long hair worn down. 

I finished getting ready first and walked out of our room.  Collin saw me, stopped what he was doing and asked me, "Mommy, why do you have lipstick on?"  I wear lipstick but it's close to the natural color of my lips.  Last night, I had on bright red lipstick I got when we were in Las Vegas last time.  He had this huge smile on his face while he stared at me.  He knew I was going somewhere 1) because Mimi was already over and 2) I was really dressed up. 

When Daddy came out, he had an audience of Collin, Linden, Kristen and Mimi.  They came over to see Daddy in his tux.  He was a hit!  They took a few pictures of us before we left for the evening.  Later, Mimi told me that we looked like we had just gotten married when we were in the car about to drive away.  Speaking of in the car, Collin wanted kiss after kiss because he thought it was funny to get my red lipstick on him.  As we pulled away, he had this huge grin on his face while he was waving bye.  Guess he was OK with us going out last night.  :)



Awwwwww.....

No comments: