Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"When I Get Bigger...."

Lots of questions tonight after reading books and getting ready for bed tonight about what Collin wants to be able to do when he gets bigger.  He might have been thinking about his friends that were over tonight, Jimmy, 14, Lizzie, 11 and Rosie, 8, that were in town for the day and stopped by for dinner.

Here is how the conversation went:

Collin:  "When I get bigger, can I sleep in your bed Mommy?"
Mommy:  "No Collin.  You need to sleep in your bed"  He did not like this answer

Collin: "What about when I get really bigger?"...I refrained from correcting him
Mommy: "When you get older you will probably live in your own house"  Oh....REALLY not the right answer!

Collin: "No!  I don't want to live in my own house.  Who will drive me to school?"
Mommy:  "Well, you will because you will be driving and have your own car"  I can see that this is not going to end soon and he did not like the idea of not living with us.
Collin:  "I don't know how to drive.  You or Daddy will have to drive me."

Mommy:  "Collin, when you say bigger, what do you mean?  How old will you be?"
Collin:  "How was the girl in the purple shirt (he means Lizzie from tonight)?"
Mommy:  "She is 8"
Collin: "When I am 8, where will I be living?"
Mommy:  "You will be living here and sleeping in your room like you are right now"

Ok...I loved having this conversation but I really needed to shut it down because it was after 9pm and the tired little boy that I was laying next to needed to get some sleep.

No comments: