Tuesday, March 6, 2012

"When Can I Start Driving?"

Collin was not feeling well last night when he got home.  He said his tummy hurt and he might "choke" so Daddy laid him on the couch.  Collin fell asleep and was still asleep when I got home.  He did not have a fever so we thought he would be OK enough to transfer him to his bed.  He did not wake up during the transfer so we knew he was a tired little boy.

Around 1am, I was woken up by a little boy tapping on my arm.  "Mommy, can you sleep with me?"  I got out of bed, put him in his bed and then crawled onto the bottom bunk.  For the next 30 minutes:

Collin:  "Mommy, are you still there?"
Mommy: "Yes"
Collin: "I need the covers pulled over me"
Mommy:  "Please try it yourself"
Collin:  "I can't".....well, duh, he wanted me to get back up.

Collin:  "Mommy, are you still there?"
Mommy: "Yes.  Please go to sleep."
Collin: "Mommy....Mommy...Mommy"
Mommy:  "Collin, I am here and trying to sleep"

Collin:  "Mommy?"
Mommy:  ....really tired and realizing he is not going to quickly fall asleep "Yes?"
Collin:  "When can I start driving a car?  I am four now and you are fourty-two"  Thank for reminding me of my age at 1:30am kiddo.
Mommy: ...trying not to laugh "Well, not tonight.....or tomorrow so please go to sleep"

He was snoring 5 minutes later.  I crawled back into my bed 45 minutes later and was not woken up again until the alarm went off at 5am (it was a swim morning).  Collin woke up 5 min later and wanted to watch TV.  I had him crawl in my bed on my side and he was asleep when I got back an hour later. 

I am tired today but, every time I yawn, I think of Collin asking if he can drive and it makes me smile.  :)

No comments: