Sunday, March 11, 2012

Doing the Dishes....and Singing

Collin still LOVES to help me in the kitchen whether it's cooking, especially making banana bread, or if it's cleaning/rinsing the dishes afterwards.  It was a rainy day so I let him "help" me clean some of the dishes while I got some work done in the office...it's tax time and the upcoming deadline is next week.  I knew he would be occupied for at least 15 - 20 minutes which would be great.  I could hear him in the kitchen using the water and moving the dishes around.  I assumed he was making a little mess with the water but it was worth it.  Ten minutes into washing the dishes, he started singing.  At first, I did not recognize the song because I could barely hear him over the water splashing.  I left the office, and stood at the edge of the kitchen.  Yes, I did know the song.  He was singing the entire Star Spangled Banner....and knew all of the words.  Singing and washing the dishes...I knew he was a really happy little boy at that moment.  He had also taken his shirt off so it would not get wet.  Guess he knew from other dish washing moments that he might get a little....or a lot...wet.  Yes, he got a big hug after he finished.

No comments: