Sunday, February 19, 2012

A nap...and stickers?

This morning, Daddy and Collin hung out while I went to ride my bike and run.  I have a race next Sunday that I am training for.  When I got back home, Collin greeted me at the front door with a bouquet of flowers.  Daddy told me that, when they were walking through the flower section of the grocery store that Collin told him, "Mommy needs some flowers.  She really likes purple and yellow."  Well, they sure did find some beautiful purple and yellow flowers in a bouquet.  He helped me cut the stems, put the flower food in the water and then arrange the flowers in the vase.  He then helped me wash the dishes which he LOVES!  He requested for me to include "fishies" the the sink full of water.  These are ice cubes that he drops in the water, watches them "swim" and then melt away.

Collin wanted to ride his bikes but I was getting tired from the exercise I did this morning.  I thought it would be fun to lay by the front windows, read our books and watch for the boys to come out and play....this way, I could also close my eyes for a few minutes.  In between Collin asking me questions about the dinosaurs in his book and if the boys were outside playing, I did manage to shut my eyes and rest in 5 minute spurts.  He apparently read The Kissing Hand at one point because I found the evidence later.  This is one of the several books he has that includes stickers in the back.  I felt him putting stickers on my hand when I was resting.  I thought that was the only place he put them.  Glad I checked the mirror when I woke up later and was headed out the front door.  This is what I saw (besides the 40+ year old age spots...gotta love 'em):

No comments: