Monday, February 20, 2012

"He has Manners"

I would imagine that every mom of a 4 year old thinks their child could have more manners.  "Collin, what do you say?" when he should say Thank You or Please.  He sometimes looks my way as if to say, "Do I have to do it EVERY time? Ugh".  He does say it sometimes but does need to be prompted regularly enough. 

Tonight after picking up Collin from school, I went to Target to pick up a few things.  Collin was hungry and wanted a snack.  We went to the snack stand inside Target.  After finally choosing a granola bar, Collin and I stood in line to pay.  I gave Collin $1 to pay for his snack and then we stood there...for at least 5 minutes.  That's a LONG time for a pre-schooler to stand still and patiently wait to eat a snack in his hand.  He did wait, gave the lady behind the cash register his $1 and then wanted me to open his granola bar.  The lady behind us was patiently waiting as well.  When we were about to walk away, the lady behind us said, "It's not too often that you seen such a young little boy with such manners.  You should be proud.  I can tell that you have worked hard with him and should be proud". 

I AM proud of him.  He is a really good, sweet little boy.  I love him so much.

No comments: