Monday, February 13, 2012

Name Calling .... Already?

When picking out Collin's name before he was born, Daddy and I did consider the possibilities of how his name would or could be made fun of.  We made sure that his initials did not spell out anything that was too funny or that was not appropriate.  We said it out loud to see how his name would sound....etc.  Lots of pressure picking out a son's name, right?  I loved "Collin", however, I did think of something that kids might do using his name.  "Calling Collin, Calling Collin...."  I figured it would be years before one of his friends or someone at school would pick up on that one.  Nope....tonight, when we were planning in his playroom, Collin stopped playing, looked at me and said, "Mommy, Collin starts with a C" and then said "Calling Collin.  Thanks funny, right Mommy?  Calling Collin".  Did he figure that out himself or did one of his buddy's come up with it.  I smiled and kept playing with him.  He did not bring it up again.

Oh...he was dry this morning.  Daddy did wake him up at 3am to go potty, which he did.  I am sure that helped him.  He is wearing underwear again tonight.  We are going to continue this for at least a week to see how it goes.  So far, so good.

No comments: