Saturday, December 3, 2011

Snow and then a Party!

This afternoon after making the gingerbread house, we met Saige and Linden at the park near their house to play in the snow, ride a train, face/arm painting, sit on Santa's lap (nope, he refused....again) and then play on the playground.  When we first arrived, Collin only wanted to watch the other kids play in the snow.  He saw the face-painting and wanted to do that.  By then, we found Saige and Linden.  They got a Hello Kitty painted on their face and Collin got a snake painted on his arm.  Several kids commented on how they liked the snake.


Then, the snow-fighting began.  I was Collin's target.  He was not shy at all this time and eagerly ran to the snow, picked up a hand of snow, made a ball and started to chase me with it.  Remember, he had a great arm.  Little Turkey got me in the face twice, back and arm several times.  Glad it was warm out so my clothes could dry off for the birthday party we had to go to next.
Look at him.  He is finding pleasure in pelting his Mommy with the snowball.

Oh no!  I better run.  Collin is armed.

Look at him.  He is laughing so hard because he is ready to hit me again.
After the snow fight, the girls and Collin rode the train and then attempted to sit on Santa's lap.  Collin walked right past Santa for the cookies...so I knew not to question him about not sitting on Santa's lap.  Plus, I actually never understood why we force our kids to sit on a stranger's lap.  Seems strange to me. 
After the train ride, the kids spent the rest of the time playing on nearby playground.  Collin's favorite was the Monkey Bars.  I had to help him get from one side to the other......unfortunately, over and over and over and over again.  After about 30 minutes, we had to leave for Kimiya's birthday party.

The party was at Young Chef's we we live.  Kimiya is a classmate of Collin's so I knew there would be some of his friends there.  Plus, I thought it would be fun to attend.  The kids were going to cook their own pizza.  When we arrived, Collin had to draw his name on his chef's hat.  He did a great job....but apparently wanted to change is name to "COLLIM".  OK...I it's close enough.  :)  They then learned how to make and kneed dough for the pizza.  His table made Mikey Mouse shaped pizza.  He got to include the sauce, cheese and pepperoni's.


Collin and Mila are kneading the pizza dough

The Mikey Mouse pizza looks good with the sauce, cheese and pepperoni

I am not surprised that he has flour on his face.  Too cute!


While the pizza was cooking, the kids put either chocolate or vanilla icing on the pre-made cupcakes.  I was shocked that Collin only put chocolate on his cupcake.  Since when does he like chocolate versus vanilla?  The pizza he made was really good.  He shocked me again when he did not pick off the pepperoni.  What's happening here?  Oh yeah....peer influence. 

After cooking and eating, the kids started running around chasing each other.  Possibly, this is because they are all classmates and do this during the week at school.  Collin ended up getting scratched in the eye on accident.  He started crying, understandably.  I consoled him and he then asked me to "walk away.  Leave the room Mommy because I am embarrassed".  I wondered what he was up to because he does not usually ask me to leave.  I watched him walk back over to the kid that accidentally scratched him and saw Collin try to scratch the kid back.  Glad I was watching and caught him before he did it.  He knew he was wrong.  We talked about it later that night about what he did and why it was wrong.  I bet that is what happens at school too.  He probably gets caught when he is trying to get the person back that hurt him first....accident or not.

No comments: