Saturday, December 31, 2011

Memaw's for the Day.....and Night

Collin and I went to Memaw's Thursday for what we thought would be for the day.  He packed a few of his new toys including all 3 of the marshmallow guns.  When we arrived, he was shy.  It only took him 10 minutes to warm up to everyone there.  Samantha, his 7 year old cousin, and him were inseparable for the rest of the day.  He played with her so much, you would think that he could remember her name.  Nope!  He kept calling her Savannah or Hannah....which is how we started to refer to her also.  This did not help him with remembering what her name really was.  Besides playing with the toy guns, his favorite part was petting Memaw's four donkeys outside.  He especially loved it when the male donkey would bray really loud.  He even covered his ears a few times.  The kids hunted for shells outside (no, Memaw's house is not near water or the ocean....but, hey, let's hunt for shells) and then played on the swing set.  Most of the time, Collin wanted to stay inside because it was a warm day.  He was having so much fun that he did not look tired for me to make him take a nap.  At one point, they did rest and watched a little TV while I was gathering Collin's toys up to leave.....or so I thought.

It was dark by then and no one, including Daddy, wanted me to drive the 2 hours back home.  So.....we spent the night.  Collin was set because I brought his PJs for him to wear on the ride home.  He even had a change of clothes in case he needed them.  Me, I did not have anything except what I was wearing.  Thank goodness, cousin Michelle had at least a spare toothbrush and paste for us to use.  We slept in one of the beds which Collin loved.  He woke up a few times to check and see if I was still laying next to him....and put his hand over my hand at one time.  That's my sweet little boy.

The next morning, Memaw made us eggs and biscuits before we left.  It was still early so none of the other cousins were awake.  Collin wanted to tell "Savannah" bye but we did not want to wake her.


Samantha, Memaw and Collin

No comments: