Thursday, December 8, 2011

Daddy and I are on the "Nice List"

Last night, I finally remembered to get down from a shelf in the playroom all of Collin's Christmas books.  I put these away each year after Christmas to make room for all of the books he has on his self in his room.  I put the books in his room and told him they would be in there for us to read some stories before going to bed.  He was so excited to look at them, that he stopped working on the puzzle he was working on, went to his room and started looking through the books.  I came in there maybe 10 minutes later and Collin asked me, "What are you called?"  Not sure what he meant by the question, I asked him to ask me a different way.  "Is your name Laura?"  I told him it was and then he started to pretend write on one of the Christmas books using a paper pencil connected to the book by a string.  He then said as he was writing "La, La, Laura......(as he was writing my name) Chr, Chr, Chris...."  I saw that he was writing or names on Santa's Nice List.  How sweet.  Just to confirm that is what he was really doing, I asked him.  "You and Daddy are on the list now".  He sure did get a huge hug from me after that.  I then proceeded to read to him The Night Before Christmas, Ho Ho Ho Tucker (about a dog) and a scratch-n-sniff Christmas book.  We both don't like the smell of pine.  Haha

No comments: