Monday, December 12, 2011

Mommy's Birthday Lunch

I had a great birthday with my family yesterday.  Collin spent the night with his friends Saturday night so I got to sleep in Sunday morning.  I woke up and ran 4 miles while Daddy picked up Collin from his friend's house.  We then hung out at the house before we left to meet the rest of the family at Carrabba's Italian Grill for a birthday lunch.  There were 11 of us at the lunch when we all were there (family members arrived from different locations).  I sat by the younger boys, my nephew, Timmy, and Collin.  The boys were SO well-behaved during the lunch.  They colored before lunch of pizza was served.  The boys then helped me blow out my candles (thank goodness there were not candles for every year of my age) after singing "Happy Birthday" to me.  Paul served us the red velvet cake that Mimi brought.  Collin and I shared a piece.  He ate the cake and I ate some of the icing.  I looked over and saw that Timmy only wanted the icing.  Too cute.

Collin and Timmy helping blow out the candles

Still trying to blow out the candles

Leah and Collin playing with each other

We all took a nap when we got home before Daddy and I headed to the bike shop birthday party while Mimi watched Collin for the night.  I had a wonderful birthday.

No comments: