Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gingerbread House

It's tradition, for at least me....and now Collin, to make a Gingerbread House to display for the holidays.  Last year, we used a kit to make a train.  This year, we used Graham Crackers and other supplies to make up our own scene.  Collin wanted me to make two police cars and a house.  I made a garage also for the cars.  He was a great helper and had a good time eating the supplies.  The kid cannot help eating marshmallows when they are around.  I thought this might happen so I did not open the bag until we needed to use them.  He did not like putting the Red Hots on the icing.  My guess is because they were small and he did not have the patience for it.  For the hour that we spent on it before we had to leave for the day, I thougtht we did a great job.  We did not add the "snow" until later tonight after a shower because I wanted to let the icing dry.


Our supplies are ready....and so is Collin.

Collin had to help me cut the bags open.
Caught him eating the marshmallows more than putting them around the house and garage.
Almost finished!!  Just need to add snow on the ground and roofs.

Snow is on the ground.  We even cleared out the snow on the drive and walkway.  Thoughtful, aren't we?

A house that looks good enough to eat

No comments: