Thursday, November 17, 2011

Night Time Excuses.....Again!

Collin is a master of thinking of excuses to either not get in bed or not fall asleep.  Last night, I heard some new ones.  In an hour, here is what I heard:
  • "My tummy hurts" - Not a new one at all.  I told him to lay down and that might make his tummy feel better.
  • "I am freezing" - This is a new one.  I told him to cover up.  "The covers are cold".  Then I told him to get under the covers.  "The bed is cold".  I asked if he wanted one of his soft blankets.  Yep....those are cold too. 
  • "I am bored of this" - He said this after less than 5 minutes of me holding him in his chair and rocking him.  HILARIOUS....except that I was not getting bored but frustrated. 
  • "I need to sleep in your bed" - He was not interested in doing this when I said that I would not be in there.
  • "I need more water" - He just had a large glass to drink before going to bed....which does not help him keep a dry Pull Up in the morning
Eventually, I laid down on the bottom bunk bed because I was exhausted from the week.  He laid next to me and the discussion about the cold covers and him freezing started all over again.  He then asked for water.  I told him he could go get some himself.....which he did.  Daddy saw him and asked if he was getting water because he did not want to go to bed.  His response...."Yes".  I knew it!  He did eventually fall back asleep around 10:30pm.  So much for working after that.

No comments: