Thursday, November 24, 2011

Florida Trip - Day 4 & 5 - Happy Thanksgiving

Yesterday and today were spent on the beach most of the day. Collin is getting really comfortable with the water. He still likes it when one of us are at least standing at the shoreline when he is playing in the water. Yesterday, Daddy took him out in the water to the sandbar. He loved being that far out but held on tight to Daddy's leg most of the time. Today, it was my turn in the water with Collin. It was the coldest day so far (70 degrees) so I was not interested in getting wet higher up than my calves. Collin was satisfied for a little while jumping the waves with me. He then wanted to go to the sandbar but I was not interested. I distracted him by having him help me build a sand castle near the water. I used one of the buckets to build the walls while he used another to get water to wet the sand for us. While running back and forth from the water, he would stop and just stand there. I thought maybe he was feeling the sand form around his toes or the water over his feet. After standing a little while, he would start walking toward me, dump the water and then go back out to get more. I asked him what he was doing. He told me "I'm frozen and cannot talk". The water WAS cold so it does make sense he was frozen. He did this another 8 times or so before asking to go back inside so he could warm up. I wrapped a big towel around him like a cacoon. He thought this was funny and walked back to the room this way.

We had a great Thanksgiving meal and enjoyed the company of our friends. I am so thankful for these friends, our other friends and family. We are so blessed with what we have.

No comments: