Monday, November 7, 2011

Morning with Mommy

I expected to have Collin come visit me this morning while I was getting ready for work because of the time change Saturday night.  Yesterday, he did sleep for 12 hours but still got up before 6am.  This morning, he was up about the same time.  He arrived at the bathroom door with his guys (Monkey, Penguin, Puppy and Merle) and went straight to the closet.  He left the bathroom again and came back with a soft blanket.  I got a pillow for him because I knew what he was doing.  He was making a bed in the closet for him and the guys.  This is where he usually lays for 10 minutes and talks to me while I put my make up on.  He did the same this morning and explained to me that he did not want me to put my work clothes on yet.  He wanted to go to the living room and watch Casper.  I said I needed to get ready first and we could do that. 

Here is what he looked like while I was getting ready.  He explained that the white soft blanket was at the door like it is so that I could not get into the closet to put my work clothes on.  He is also blowing me a kiss in the picture.  The guys are there but buried under the "black soft cover".  The kid sure does like soft covers and PJs. 

We did make it to the living room.  While I was cutting him slices of "Mommy Bread" (homemade banana bread), he was picking out a movie to watch.  I told him it needed to be a short one because he had school this morning.  He picked out Mickey Mouse which did count as short.  Daddy eventually woke up as I had to leave for work so I got to see both of my boys before I left.  What a great way to start the morning.

No comments: