Saturday, September 11, 2010

Social Dude

Collin had a very busy day with friends today. It started with he and Daddy going to get bagels for breakfast while Mommy worked on tax returns (great way to start the morning). We hung out a little and then Collin and I headed to Matthew's 3rd birthday party. Matthew is one of Collin's bed buds. The party was at one of those indoor jumping places and Collin had a blast...so much so that he did not want to leave. When he first saw all of the jumping things, he had to check them all out to figure out which one he wanted to do. He liked the slide and the jumping gym the best. Then....he had to be where ever Matthew was. He followed him to the slides and he followed him to the jumping gym. The boys played together REALLY well. Even when they took the ball from each other, there were no hard feelings. I caught Collin even giving Matthew a hug. Here are a few pictures...blurry but you can tell there was lots of action for over an hour.













Then it was time for pizza, chicken nuggets and cupcakes. Collin had a piece of pizza and 2 nuggets. He politely asked for the chocolate cup cake (because it was part of the overall monkey cup cake design) and then started to eat it. He took a few licks of the icing and told me he did not like it. I knew it would end this way because he has never finished a cup cake or cake that I can think of. He says he does not like it and gives it to me. I am not a "sweets" person so I don't eat it either.



All of that play did wear him out. He slept the 30+ minute drive home but was ready to go when we did get out of the car. I wanted him to rest because I knew Melia and her mom, Terry, were coming over for dinner and to hang out and play. Melia and Collin got along great! Collin wanted to show Melia his play room and new toys from his birthday. She was happy to play with them. At one point, he heard giggling and saw them sharing a Sit N Spin. Very Cute!!!







They played in the playroom, colored at the breakfast and office tables, cooked in Collin's kitchen, played Diego dominoes, read books and just had a great time. He did not want her to go when she finally did around 9pm.

One story I have to tell is how loving Collin is. Even though he is telling us "later" when we ask for a kiss, he still is a very sweet little boy. When they were coloring, Melia started to cry a little and out of the blue. Collin came over to her and said "What's wrong Melia? Why are you crying? What's wrong?" She did not answer him and he kinda got his feelings hurt. Melia's mom figured it out that Melia was scared of the dinosaur coloring book Collin was using. We told him and he said "Melia, I will take the book to my playroom. OK. You will be better then." He left but turned back around to see if she was still crying. She was still hugging her mom. He said "I will take this away and you will be better." He did, came back, patted her back and said "Are you OK now Melia?" OMG!!! I was so proud of him at that moment. My little dude has manners...yeah, he HAS been listening.

No comments: