Thursday, September 9, 2010

Shhhhhhh!

I have been working late this week because of the annual tax deadline on Sept 15th. Daddy has been wonderful and helping at night while I am still at work. Tonight, Mimi was over to help since it's Thursday night. By the time I got home, Collin was already in bed and Mimi was tyring to get him to go to sleep. I walked in since I was really missing him. Mimi was laying on the floor so I thought I would lay next to her. Before I did that, I asked Collin if I could give him a kiss. His reply, as usual lately, was "later". The "later" is not that night but the next day. Anyway, I laid down and began to tell Mimi how much I appreciated her help tonight. Collin said "shhhhhhh, no talking" which made Mimi and I laugh softly to ourselves. We waited a little and then Mimi began to talk and ask questions. Collin then said "no questions.....shhhhh!!!" This went on for about 5 minutes. Mimi finally got up and left the room without Collin noticing. He asked me to find Dinosaur which was in the other room. I said I was going to leave and was he OK with that. He said, "yes, Mimi will stay here with me". He obviously did not see that she left. I left his room to really get Dinosaur but took the opportunity to tell Mimi bye and give her a hug. When I came back to his room, he was asleep. We all knew he was tired. I love that little man!

No comments: