Monday, September 20, 2010

Delay Tactics or Being Cute?

Collin has found new ways to delay going to bed or at least me leaving the room. Tonight is a great example. After getting PJs on him that I have to help with now because "I can't!", I asked him several times if he needed to go potty before getting in bed to read books. He replied no to each question. I KNEW he would need to go later but you cannot force this.

After reading books, he wanted to rock. This is fairly new. Within a minute, he said "I want to get in bed". I put him in bed and then he said "tell me about Daddy". I was not sure what he mentioned by this because Daddy is out of town. Did he want to hear why Daddy was out of town, what he was doing there or what? I asked what that meant and he wanted to know what Daddy did today. I told him where he was and he said "oh" and then he wanted to hear about my day. I let him know I was in training today, went to lunch with friends and then went to work. Exciting, I know. Then he wanted to know about Mimi since Mimi spent the night last night to help me get Collin to school this morning. He added his own commentary the entire time I discussed everyone's day. I sang several songs to him and was about to tell him "good night" when he announced "Mommy, I have to go pee pee". Ugh, really? I don't want to say "no" because of that little thing called potty training, so we got up for him to pee.....which he did.....a lot! He got back in bed and thought I would sing him more songs. Nope! I let him know that I already did which he was unhappy about. He then told me to stay with him and to not go to my room. I did sit there for a minute or two and then let him know that I needed to leave to change into my PJs. he told me that I could and then to come back to kiss him good night.

Delay tactics or....just being cute?

No comments: