Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Let me read to you Mommy"

After reading one of Collin's books to him last night, he asked me for the book and said "let me read to you Mommy". He turned the book so that I could see the pages like his teacher does to him and then he started to "read". He sang the entire song of "Wee Willie Winkie" that I did not even know he knew.

Wee Willie Winkie
Runs through the town,
Upstairs and downstairs,
In his nightgown.
Rapping at the windows,
Crying through the lock,
"Are the children all in bed?
For it's now eight o'clock."

He even knew the time mentioned in the song. When he was finished, he said "Daddy will be proud of me". That sure did make me smile and I gave him a "high-5" like I usually do when he does a good job at something. Then he asked me "why was the Willie crying?" because he was crying through the lock. I said that he was not sad but talking loudly so other people can hear him. Collin replied with an "oh" and then read "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and a little of "Hey Diddle Diddle" before he asked to get in bed. I could tell that he was tired since he played at the bike shop with the Legos and some new buddies for at least an hour before I came to pick him up.

No comments: