Monday, September 27, 2010

Addicted to Gum?

Collin had his first piece of gum a few weeks ago. He was digging around in my purse and found the package. He asked what it was and I told him it was gum. He wanted a piece and I did not think it was too big of a deal for him to have it. We were staying home that day and I knew I would be able to keep my eye on him. He was great with it....did not take it out to look at it and kept it in his mouth the entire time he was chewing on it. His jaw lasted longer than mine though. I was ready to throw mine away and he was still enjoying his. When he was finished, he told me and I asked him to throw it in the trash....which he did do.

Now, every day....or at least when he sees my purse....he wants gum. I don't let him have it every time he wants it, but when he does, he generall continues to practice good gum manners. He occassionally will not put the gum (shaped like a cube) in his mouth as soon as he gets it. He wants to hold onto it or put it in his pocket. This was distracting him the last soccer game and Daddy finally took it away (it had fallen out of Collin's short pocket). During soccer practice yesterday, he ran over to me and I thought he wanted water. Nope, he wanted gum. I had just checked my purse because I wanted some and notice there was not any in there. Collin did not care for this answer and continued to ask for it. I had to show him that I did not have any so he would go back and listen to what the coach had to say.

There are worse habits for a 3 year-old, right? :)

No comments: