Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Mommy, look at my drawling"

I cannot believe it. Collin has asked to color every day now for the last few days. He usually wants me to color with him but he now will sit at his table and color. He like to use his markers more than the crayons at the moment. When I ask what is in the picture, he tells me a boat, water and his buddies, Jacob and Saige. He calls his finished product his "drawlings" and wants me to look at them.

Today before he came home from school, I hung one of his pictures on the wall so that he could admire it....and so that I could too. This is the first thing he saw when he walked into the room. The picture was hung a little high and he wanted me to take it down. He held it and showed me where on the wall he wanted it. I rehung it for him. I think he really likes seeing it there. I will continue to hang others for us to admire. This might even encourage him to color more.


Here is a picture to give you an idea of his "art studio" and the "drawling" I hung up. I cannot wait to hang up more of his art.

No comments: