Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday, Learning Day

Collin and I ran a ton of errands this morning before it got too hot. The purpose of one errand was to go to the grocery store to find some more finger foods for Collin. So far, he has had cooked baby carrots and some Cheerios. He plays with the carrots more than eats them before they end up on the floor. He did like the Cheerios. I gave him some melon this morning and he did not want to have anything to do with it. I knew he was hungry because he drank a 6 oz bottle after he pushed all of the melon pieces aside. I know I need to teach him how to feed himself, but I need to find some finger foods he likes...so off to the store we went. I came back with some crackers, Cheerios and fruit. He did eat some of the cracker when I gave it to him. He was at least willing to try it compared to the melon earlier that morning.



Later in the afternoon, Collin was getting fussy and was not interested in a nap. I thought it might be fun to go to the park and enjoy the breezy outside. I brought some of Collin's books with us and he "read" one of his favorite books for at least 15 minutes. I really enjoyed watching him stare at the pages.....in between chewing on them, of course. I tried to read one of the other books to him but he was not interested. He did pose for a few pictures for me before he was interested in chewing on the camera. Remember, he is fascinated with electronics, especially small ones that he can eat like cell phones or cameras. Watch out! You have been warned.


This picture was my favorite of the day. I love that smile.

No comments: