Friday, June 20, 2008

Cat door or Collin door?

As you have probably read already, we did Collin-proof the house a few weeks ago...or we thought. Part of the baby proofing was to add gates at the top of the stairs and one gate that blocks off the 2nd floor bathroom, laundry room and office (which is where the cat food has been moved too). This gate has a cat door so the cats can have access to the litter box and the cat food. It did not take long for Collin to figure out how to crawl through the cat door so he could access the off-limit area. I was cooking Collin's dinner one evening, and I heard him at the gate with the cat door. I looked over and he was playing with the gate by opening and shutting it. I stepped back in the kitchen for about 5 minutes and then realized I did not hear him playing with the gate anymore. That's because he was ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GATE. The little turkey figured out how to fit through the cat door and crawled through the other side. He was headed to the cat water bowl when I caught him. So much for the gate keeping him out.

Here are some pitures I took later that day when he did it again. Here he is just getting started through the gate and struggling a little to get his butt through (see daddy, his head is not THAT big).


He did not give up and figured out how to move one leg through at a time.


Here he is almost through. I did not get a picture on the other side of the gate since he started crawling as fast as he could to the cat water bowl. He almost made it....mommy is too fast for him....right now at least.

No comments: