Sunday, June 22, 2008

Momma's Helper

Lately, when I am in the kitchen cooking, Collin is right there at my feet. He discovered the one cabinet that does not have a lock on it which is "Collin friendly" and decided to pull almost everything out it...mainly Tupperware. Before the the bowls and lids hit the ground, he had to taste them to figure out which one he liked the best. This kept him occupied until I finished dinner. He is usually pulling up on the back of my legs to help which REALLY slows down the process (if you have ever seen me working in the kitchen, I typically have several things cooking at once while I am cleaning up behind me). He is either doing that or pulling out the drawer under the oven...which I don't like for him to be near. The lids made him happy for the day....he is already bored with them though.

If you have been keeping up with the blog, you know that he is fascinated with electronics. My laptop is no exception. I have to now write the blog when he is asleep. If not, he is right there to "help" me write the next entry by adding several spaces, pressing the Enter key when I am not ready or other keys to make up words. I thought I could sneak an entry in last Friday when he was really concentrating on "reading" one of his books. As soon as he heard my fingers on the keys of the laptop, he was right there.....looking too cute and telling me what to write (notice the open mouth). I had to finish the entry later that night.


Here he is inspecting a gift I bought for a friend this afternoon. Instead of opening the truck and putting it in the back, I laid it next to his car seat and then took his diaper bad off my shoulder to put it behind his seat on the floor. When I looked back up, he had grabbed the gift bag by it's handle and already had his hand in the bag to see what was in there. He took his hand out because he could not reach to the bottom to get at what was inside so he turned the bag over so the contents could fall out. Little turkey. He's quick! He did tell me he approved of the gift.

No comments: