Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

For daddy's first Father's Day, we all went out for breakfast at a local restaurant. There were two other 10-month old's there with their daddy's that early in the morning. That's because the other clientele were probably still asleep....hahaha. There's no sleeping in on the weekends...or any morning...now that we have a baby. When we got home, the boys took a nap while I....I....I don't know. I cannot remember. That happens a lot too now that I have a baby!!! After daddy woke up and before he went to work, he did open his present from Collin. We both made it at one of those pottery places. It's a big cereal bowl for daddy. I painted it and then painted Collin's hands to put his hand prints along the outside of the bowl and two places on the "lip". Daddy loved it! Too bad we did not have milk in the house or he probably would have tried it out before he left.




When daddy left for work, Collin and I went to the park to swing and then hang out on a blanket for about an hour. He crawled around the blanket and actually ventured off of it this time. I could not get his attention away from the tires on the jogging stroller, he is still fascinated with these, so we left.


Later, when daddy got home, I played chase-Collin-around-the-floor. It was hilarious! Collin would crawl ahead of me a little, stop to look back at me, laugh because I was crawling toward him and then take off the opposite direction. You would have thought I was tickling him by the way he was laughing so hard. I scooped him up a few times to blow on his belly or hold him up in the air before I put him back down to do it all over again. I have never done this before and it was a lot of fun. Daddy enjoyed watching us play.


So, Mr. Collin has a little 'tude. Whenever he is playing with something he is not supposed to be playing with, we take it away from him and let let's us quickly know that he is not happy with it. He will either throw his head back and scream or at least scream for a few seconds to let us know that he was not happy with that. If he is headed toward something that will get him into trouble (like splashing in the cat water bowl), I pick him up to point him in a different direction. He will arch his back and start to throw a fit. What are the Terrible-Twos going to be like for us? I was a really well-behaved two-year old....hehehe Did I just hear most of my family members cough?

No comments: