Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I am Innocent!!

We finally have gates in the house! Collin now has more area to explore and he did it yesterday. It did not take him long to "find" the patio door. He immediately pulled up on it to a standing position and knocked on the glass (knocking on glass and doors is his thing...see prior blog entries). He quickly got tired of that because he noticed other parts of the house that did not look familiar.
I will have to make some changes. No longer can I go up or down the stairs with my arms loaded down with stuff because I at least need to have a free hand to open the gate. These are not quickly releasing gates either. You have to squeeze the top part while pulling up at the same time. I am coordinated but I tend to loose that coordination when I am tired....which seems to be the case all of the time now. At least I will be a little more comfortable the Collin will not fall down the several flights of stairs that we have if I happen to turn my head for a few seconds.
The cats will have to get used to the gates. I can see them getting "stuck" on a floor they don't want to be on if they don't pay attention and follow one of us when we are leaving the floor. There is at least a pet opening in the smaller gate next to the laundry room so they can get to their food and the litter box...that's if they are not stuck on another floor.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Little Jailbird :) I am hoping that he gets parolled this weekend to go to the swimming pool.