Monday, February 11, 2008

Solids Update


It's been awhile since I wrote about Collin and our adventures with solids. He still eats solids every night between 7pm and 8pm. The time depends on when he seems like he is hungry and when either daddy or I get home to feed him. We try to be home so Collin will be eating at the same spot around the same time every night because apparently babies like routine. Since this is the start of his night routine and he has been sleeping through the night like a champ, I really don't want to mess that up. Daddy and I are enjoying our sleep these days...finally.

So far, Collin's favorite food is avacado. He cannot wait until I give him the next spoonful of the stuff. His next favorite is rice cereal followed by a distant third would be sweet potatoes. He gagged when I tried to feed him bananas and I have not tried it again. He had pureed gala apples tonight for the first time and did not seem to mind these at all compared to the times he had the other foods for the first time. I continue to make all of the foods that I listed above. This has been quicker than I thought and not a lot of trouble. I like knowing what is in the food I am giving him and it's very convienent at night to select from the bright colored cubes of food in the freezer. They looks SO much better than the "food" in the baby jars in the store. It's amazing how different the colors are. I know, I'm a freak. :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

Wow, Collin looks like a little man. It must be all of those avocados!