Friday, February 22, 2008

Afternoon at the Park

It was such a beautiful, sunny day today compared to the other days this week that I thought it was a good day to take Collin to the park for the first time. He sure did experienced sensory overload and confirmed that there is nothing wrong with his hearing or sight. He was fascinated with the birds and followed several of them with his eyes. The wind started to blow and he closed his eyes and felt the wind in his hair and on his skin. That was short-lived because he opened his eyes and turned toward the kids screaming and playing on the playground nearby. He was really interested in what they were doing.

There were some infant swings nearby and I thought it would be fun to put Collin in one of them and see what he thought. He loved it and we hung out for about 20 minutes before he wanted and change....I was ready for one too.











I then found something on the playground that he could sit on. There were handles and he held on really good and for a long time...at least for him. He then let me know he was bored, so we headed back home. I am sure we will do that again soon.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Great post and photos.. to show me what Matthew might be up for next beautiful weekend...