Friday, June 16, 2017

Red River Shopping and Off-Roading

We had so much fun the last time we took the Jeep off on the trails that we decided to go to another area and do it again. This time, we went to Red River and hit some of the trails in the Carson National Forest. These trails were not a challenging but, due to the multiple rocks on the trails and the drop off, I was a little more scared this time. They were more trees that had fallen on the trail but somebody before us had either move them or cut them so we could pass. The views from on top of the mountain were amazing! At one point, we could see the Red River ski mountain and Wheeler Peak behind it. At one of the trail crossings, there was water flowing fairly quickly across the path.  Dad asked one of the people that have just crossed over how deep the water was and they said it wouldn't be too bad for the Jeep. He started to attempt to cross and the rest of us told him to stop. Foard and Collin we got out to start walking in the water to let us know how deep it was. The water was freezing me sad and I quickly ran out once it got to their knees. I thought it might be from lacrosse, so I got in the water and walked as far as I could before the water got to the bottom of my shorts which were not that long.  I looked back at dad and he said come back knowing that the water would be too deep for us to cross. We hit up another trail thinking it might take us over the mountain like the map said but it didn't say we had to turn back around. 

We spent about four hours driving along the trails before heading back to town and do a little shopping. I needed out of the Jeep before heading back to the mountain house.  Collin, Foard, and I bought baseball caps that said Red River on them. We walked around for another 20 minutes or so before heading back to the house. I was a little road weary and had to take a rest before trying to figure out what we wanted for dinner. Despite being exhausted, I think we all had a great day. 
 
             

No comments: