Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Red River Mountain Time

We spent the day on the Red River mountian. First, the boys spent an hour tubing down the lower portion of the mountain. They carried their tube to the lift, got on and then had to carry their tube to the top of the tube track. Th fist time Collin went down, he did not go as fast as the other boys because he kept spinning around and around from hitting the side of the tube shoot. The next time down, he figured out which lane was faster and how to go straight....so he beat Foard several times down. He had so much fun that he was the last one to finish. The other two boys got tired and quit with about 10 minutes until their turn to as over. 
 
      Next, we took the Platinum chair lift to the summit of the mountain to have lunch and to walk around. During the 30 minute ride up the mountain, we took in the sites and answered Collin's questions about the snow making machines, the beads thrown in the trees (yeah, unexpected for sure) the hiking trails and which one of the tails might be the green ones. 

At the top of the mountain, we had a decent lunch before walking around for about 20 minutes before Dad, Collin and I headed back down the mountain to do the aerial ropes course and zip line. The rest of the crew did not want to do it with us. 

 
       I cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of Collin doing the aerial ropes course. Not only was he the youngest on the course, he completed the easy level AND the intermediate level. Because I did it too, I can tell you it was not easy. Plus, being in the air and really high up was a challenge too. We were allowed 1 1/2 hours to do as much of the course as we wanted to. I finished the second level and watch Collin finish the first level for the third time and then start the second level. When he was halfway finished, he wanted me to start the hardest course and not wait for him. I think he did not like me watching him. That third level was tough. I was breathing really heavy and my hands were really hurting at this point. I did end up finishing it though and was excited to complete the entire thing. We then had to wait for the wind to die down before finishing with the zip line to get off the course. We could have chosen to walk down by neither of us had done a zip line before. That was fun!!!
 
        

No comments: