Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day

 

On me of my favorite Mother's Day gifts from Collin so far. I laughed, smiled, and gave him lots of hugs after reading this poem. I was happy to read that I have moved on from being the cleaning lady of the house and am remembered for doing fun things, playing with Collin and enjoying life...as long as I don't see a cockroach, have a bad scrapbooking day or get lost.  So cute and imaginative. 


We started the day with Collin and I riding our road bikes for 10.15 miles in a local park. I took Collin where I train which is on a paved path through the park. I thought he would enjoy this. I know I did. 


While riding on the path, I was able to show him where to hold the handlebars, practice changing his gears and riding with other cyclists and runners on the path. He saw how I called out to the riders and runners and also areas on the path to avoid. Collin did fantastic!  You would not have known this was his second day to ride a road bike. We did have to stop and rest several times, one time was on a bridge where we saw an alligator in the water. We turned back around after that to head back to the car. We needed to get cleaned up before Mimi and Pappy came over to the house for lunch out and then hanging out at the house. 

 

     

Mimi and Collin played and visited for about an hour before a friend, Eli, came over to play. The boys played outside, road bike and then swam. We sat outside and watched the boys swim and the. Shoot water guns at Burke. He did not mind at all it probably cooled him down. 

Collin and I ended the day with watching a movie upstairs, Aliens in the Attic. What a great day!!!

No comments: