Sunday, May 7, 2017

2nd Place x Two!

Collin and I raced this morning in a race I or both of us have been racing in for 6 years now. The race supports kids with disabilities so we try to make it every year.
I started first running a 10K. I was not out to win an award. My goal was to run the 6.2 miles in under an hour...which I did!  I finished in 58 minutes. I loved seeing Dad and Collin at the start line and turnaround cheering me on. That really helped.   Collin was right there to great me when I finished. I loved seeing him and giving him a sweaty hug. 
Collin was up next and ready to race. I waited by his bike while Dad stayed at the start line. He was in the front of the pack around 10th when he ran up to get his bike. He was so fast out of transition that he was only 5 back when he started on the bike. Coming back, he was 2nd and looked great!  I loved how he kicked his leg over on the bike  before getting off to rack it. He ended up getting 2nd place. The boy that won 1st place was older and on a road bike. 
I was surprised to learn I got 2nd place also. Great morning for the Holmes.

 
   

      

No comments: