Friday, May 19, 2017

Baseball vs Triathlon

I haven't had a chance to update the blog to say that Collin's baseball team has made it all the way to the championship level in the bronze bracket. We are so excited for the team because the boy started really playing well together for last two weeks. The championship game is Saturday at 8 AM. However there's a problem. Collin is registered for two triathlons this weekend. One is on Saturday and one is on Sunday. That makes for an extremely busy weekend.  We were going to make it all work out until tonight around 9 PM,  I found out that the start time for the triathlon on Saturday changed to two hours later in the morning which now conflicts with the baseball game. I had Collin stop what he was doing, and read the email about the time change for the triathlon. Once he was finished, I asked him if he saw a problem with that. He said that he did and that he said he should go to the baseball game. I was so proud of him at that moment for what I think was the right decision. The triathlon is an individual sport and his baseball team needs him. He then said that he isn't really missing doing a triathlon because he still has one to do on Sunday. He sure is right! This mama is also happy because we don't have to leave at 5:15 in the morning now. Yay!!

Update: Dad just walked in to let me know that you talk to the race director and moved Collin up two classes so he could race and still be able to make the baseball game. Not sure I'm really excited about this change. I guess I better go to bed.

No comments: