Monday, September 19, 2016

What to Do?

While I was working the other day, Collin sat in the office with me researching on the computer what he could do.  He loves going to YouTube to watch videos of other kids.  While looking at a video, he got the idea of searching "matchbox cars" and "racing" and found a video of kids (actually it sounded like the dads started it) setting up a matchbox car race track to end in the pool.  Collin thought this was great and disappeared from the office.  He came back and wrote out the following list:


The "dog" part caught me a little by surprise but it was funny, nonetheless.  I worked for about another 30 minutes and finished to find that he had already built the race track to finish into the pool.  He had tried it out a few times and already pulled a few of the cars out of the water.  Sorry, I was so happy to see that he found something to do AND was cleaning up after himself that I did not run back into the house to get the phone or camera to take a picture or video.

He and I did end up playing upstairs in his playroom for a few minutes before we stopped to have dinner.  We were excited because it was movie night and this night, he and I were actually going out to the movies while Dad hung out with his friends.  I love getting to spend one-on-one time with this guy and especially watch him laugh and enjoy himself at the movies.

No comments: