Thursday, September 15, 2016

About Collin - Self Reported

To get to know the kids better, Collin's teacher had them right a report titled "Selfie" which is appropriate given #selfies are a thing right now.  Here is what Collin wrote:























Some observations are:
  • While we know he really likes Luby's "chicken on the bone" (baked chicken breast or wing), I would have thought he would have written about Caliente's (LOVES their chicken quesadillas), Chili's (likes there mini hamburgers and corn on the cob) or Taco Cabana (all about the queso and quesadillas).  He did pick Luby's the last time he was given a choice so maybe this was fresh on his mind.
  • Why wouldn't his favorite animal be a dog?  It has been for the last several years when he has written about the subject.  I would not have been surprised if he had written hermit crabs (maybe he was unsure how to spell "hermit'?).  It's now a rat?  Excuse me!  Did he see one in or around the house to make him change his mind?  I will have to talk to that kid about this.
  • I LOVE that he wrote one of his favorite football teams is the Longhorns!  Yeah!  I AM influencing him....or it could be that one of his best buddies IS a huge Horn fan and wears Longhorn jerseys all the time.
  • I knew he liked the zoo.  We will have to go again once it gets cooler out.
  • Not surprised he loves his new school.  I agree that it has a lot of windows which does make it shiny (He spelled it "siney".  I had to think about what word that was supposed to be).
  • I guess he really liked our vacation this summer because he put his favorite country is Europe.  I am sure he meant besides the country where he lives, his favorite is Europe....technically, it's the United Kingdom.  We have explained these are not the same especially if you talk to someone from the UK.
Here is the picture that went along with this.



Keep these coming Collin. 

No comments: