Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Confessions of a Menopausal Mom

Being in menopause has it's moments.  I can deal with the hot flashes, night sweats and am getting used to the fatigue.  I am NOT happy about the hormonal zits on my forehead.  I feel like a teenager all over again.  Collin and Dad like to point out when I have new zits....like I don't know about them.

Last night, I was getting Collin ready for bed which really meant that I was redirecting him every 5 minutes when he would come up with something else that could lead him out of his room.  He even wanted to bounce a balloon back and forth.  I am all for that kind of fun but not at 8:45pm and he still needs to put his PJs on.  At one point, I got distracted, too, and walked into his bathroom to check out the new "friends" on my forehead.  Collin walked by and said, "Mom, you are getting distracted.  Don't look at your zits.  Daddy does not care if you have them. Besides, if you did not have them, you might get me another Daddy and I DON'T need two Dads."  Excuse me.....where did THAT come from?  He sure does have an imagination.  I told him that I was not interested in finding another husband.  Daddy was plenty for me.  Collin agreed and handed me a book to read to him.  Now...that's more like it.

No comments: