Thursday, September 18, 2014

Breast Cancer Ride - Best Support Team

This past Sunday, I rode in a breast cancer ride with Team Wonder Woman.  This is the same ride I did with this team last year at this time.  Because of my final surgery in May and the required 3 month recovery time, I was not able to train for the ride until mid-August.  This did not leave much time to train so I was not planning to ride the 81 miles I road with a small group of ladies from the team last year.  Also, because I was feeling better than last year and the expectations from work were higher, I worked many more hours leading up to the ride compared to last year.  However, I was very  happy with the 47 miles I ended up riding with my best buddies, Georgia and Bonnie.

No matter how many miles I did ride, I knew I had the best support team there....Collin and Daddy.  How appropriate because these guys have been by my side caring for me these past 18 months since the diagnosis.  They definitely love me because they had to get up at 4:45am to leave to be at the ride site in time for the team picture.  We could not find Collin's Wonder Woman support shirt from last year.  So he wore his Superman PJ shirt.  It was long-sleeved which he needed because it was cool that morning.  During the team picture and before I left for the ride, Collin was by my side.  He wanted to help me with my bike and also asked questions making sure that I had what I needed for the ride, like my shoes and helmet.  The ladies loved having him there too.  Some ladies had not met him before so they where asking him questions...but found out it was a little too early for questions.  :)
Superman and Wonder Woman

Hanging out waiting to go get donuts

Serious team picture

Crazy team picture

The Amigos - Georgia, Me and Bonnie

AT one of the rest stops

No comments: