Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Calling Mommy....Calling Daddy

When Daddy got a new cell phone last year, he gave Collin his phone mainly for him to play games on it.  The extra cost of $15 a month was worth not hearing, "Can I use your phone?" when we were out or in the car. 

The entire time he has had the phone, he has not used it to call anyone until the last two days.  Daddy is out of town right now.  Tuesday night, Collin called Daddy using his cell phone to ask if he had to go to football practice.  Tonight, he called me to ask how to use the can opener.  I asked if Mimi was with him because she could show him how to use it.  She didn't know how to use it which is why he called me.  I loved hearing his voice and it was perfect timing because he was really having a terrible day at work.

Tonight, Daddy called me and then conferenced in Collin who was at home with Mimi.  Collin wanted to know how my voice came through Daddy's phone.  We told him how but he still was focused on where Daddy was and where I was.  He did not figure it out but really liked that he was talking to us at the same time.  "Mommy, can you lay with me when you get home tonight?"  Of course I would.  I missed my little guy today.  :)

No comments: