Friday, August 9, 2013

Tutor Update

Mrs Rincon says that Collin is doing really well.  He tested well yesterday with his reading skills/words.  The only one that he struggled with was a skill that will be learned towards the end of Kindergarten.  The test was if he could understand what part of the word is left if a section was removed....such as Cat and then remove the C.  What's left?  Mrs Rincon was not surprised he did not know this. 

She said that he mainly lacks confidence in himself that he knows the right answer.  She said that this is not something we have or have not been teaching him but comes with his age and experience.  You know me, I had to research her conclusion to see if I agreed.  :) 

He has two more weeks of tutoring.  Daddy and I think this is worth it and enjoy getting daily, personal updates from a teacher.  This has at least put me at ease wondering if he was on track or not for his age.  I only have his friends to compare to that are all over the board but mainly seem to be ahead of where he is as far as Reading and Sight Words.

No comments: