Monday, August 19, 2013

"Bye Mommy. Have a Good Day."

During the summer, the boys did not have to get up early because Collin's summer camps did not start until 9am.  Therefore, I leave the house most of the time before anyone else is up.   Before I leave, I do give both of my boys kisses.  Collin stirs a little but does not usually wake up.  There are times that he does like today.

I was standing in the hall gathering my purse and laptop bag when Collin walked around the corner rubbing his eyes.  He said, "Don't leave yet Mommy".  I was not sure if  a breakfast request would follow like it usually does.  Not this morning.  He asked me to kneel down which I did so that he could give me a huge hug.  He was squeezing and releasing the hug while making cute little noises...until he farted.  That woke both of us up out of the moment.  He let go of me and then said the following as he was walking back to his room, "I am going back to bed to wait for Daddy to wake me up."  Guess he was tired from the weekend activities and just wanted to give me a hug.  Even though he is about to be 6 tomorrow, it's great to see that he is still a sweet little boy.

No comments: