Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

Today is Collin's first day of Kindergarten!  He woke up like he usually does....not ready to wake up.  He knew it was school and acted like it was no big deal.  At least I got a hug from him while I was in the kitchen making his lunch before he order what he wanted for breakfast...cereal.

While Daddy was getting their bikes ready to ride to school, I took a few pictures of Collin in the front yard.  At first, he did not know why I asked for him to hold a sign.  "What does it say?  Why do I need to hold it?"  I was not going to take the time to explain to him why but that I wanted him to hold it.  I did notice that he did not brush his hair as usual because it was sticky out all over.  "Boys do not brush their hair."  Fortunately, it was a humid day so the longer we stood out there, it began to fall in place.


Here is what he was doing before I was able to get the really good pictures above

Daddy and Collin rode their bikes to school while I drove because I needed to head to work afterwards.


When we arrived at school, I asked Collin if he knew where the Kindergarten classes where and he did.  He walked to the set of rooms and then started down the hall.  "Where do I need to go?"  I showed him Ms Mitchell's class which is his new teacher.  Outside the classroom, there were names of all the students above hooks for the kids to put their backpacks on.  I asked Coll where his was.  Smartypants pointed to "Carson" knowing that was not his name.  He was either stalling or trying to be funny.  We were not in a hurry so I did not push him along. 

We walked into his class and he just stood there.  Not sure what he was thinking.  Ms. Mitchell came to greet him and said that she hoped he felt better (he had a fever Friday when I came to school to meet her).  We then walked over to his seat where Emily, Davis and Saira where already sitting.  He knows Saira from Pre-K but he had never met the other students.  There was a picture set out for them to color while they waited for the other students to arrive.  No kisses for Mommy and Daddy....don't embarrass him!

Posing with his new teacher, Ms Mitchell


Already hard at work coloring

No comments: