Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy Birthday - Starbucks Style


Last night, we told Collin that tomorrow was his birthday and we were taking him out to breakfast in the morning.  It was his choice about where were would go.  Daddy listed out a few places and Collin responded with Starbucks because he wanted the marble pound cake.  This has been his favorite for a long time now (at least 2 years that I can think of) so neither of us were shocked that he would pick this.  I was hoping for somewhere else were I could get a decent breakfast and not be hungry at 10am.  Maybe he would change his mind in the morning.

 The next morning, he was not in any hurry to get up.  Daddy and I sang Happy Birthday to him twice and gave him hugs and kisses.  He did eventually get out of bed.  We confirmed that Starbucks was where he wanted to go and he said “Yes.”  He still did not know why we were excited about going out for breakfast.  “We already did my birthday AND I opened presents”.  I said that he had more presents from us (he did not open any from us on Saturday) and he still let me know that his birthday already happened.  We went anyway.

 While we were waiting for our drinks and food, Collin opened the bag of presents from us.  We gave him a UofH baseball cap, three Learn to Read books (he was not thrilled with these when I explained what they were), a painting pad, and a volcano that explodes to then reveal a dinosaur.  He liked this the best and wanted to do it while we were there.  We distracted him enough that he did forget about it.  When our drinks came, we continued to talk about the presents and his last week of camp before school starts.  We kept referring to him as the Birthday Boy.  He eventually got irritated with that reference and told me, “I am not Birthday Boy.  You already know my name is Collin!”  Well, OK then little one….

All set with Apple Juice and marble pound cake

This is what three bites of marble pound cake in his mouth looks like

Opening and telling us about the volcano and how it works

Hunging the volcano box.  Can you tell that this one is his favorite?

Awww....Mommy and Collin time.  Looks really cute and sweet...but I am actually tickling him.

 
After breakfast, Daddy and Collin left for gymnastics camp and I headed to work.  Collin was going to an indoor jumping place today with his camp.  He reminded me of this when he was getting dressed because “I need socks today so I can jump inside”.  Thanks for the reminder. 

No comments: