Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Apartment

So....we are all moved in...but not settled quite yet.  I will post pictures when I can find the camera and cord.  I think I know where it is.....

We spent our first night in the apartment Saturday night.  Each of us are getting used to living in the MUCH smaller space compared to what we are used to living in including the bed Daddy and I sleep on.  We normally sleep in a king size bed but the apartment is furnished with a full bed.  HUGE difference.  Poor Daddy is affected the most.  The first night, he tried the bed and ended up on the couch.  The next night, Collin and I slept in the full bed and Daddy slept on Collin's twin mattress on the floor in Collin's room...but then ended up on the couch.  The next night, Daddy started on the couch and ended up there.  He is not getting any sleep at all....and it's wearing on him.  However, the last two nights, he tried the full bed again and stayed there most of the night.  Maybe we will be able to make this work.

I think Collin loves his room/playroom now that he has had a chance to play and live in it for a few days.  The first day, he commented that, "My room is a sleep play room" and thought it was great that all of his toys where in the room where he also sleeps.  This has made it difficult to get him to focus and get ready for bed at night.  At least the bathroom does connect to his room so I can shut both doors that lead to the hall to contain him in one area...but it does not really help....especially when the TV is on right on the other side of Collin's bedroom wall.  So far, I am the only one bothered by it.  He has not mentioned the TV or the kids running in the apartment above us at the same time every night....which is about the time I am trying to put Collin to bed. 

When he does eventually fall asleep, he still wiggles around like he always has.  However, Daddy has caught him every night falling off the mattress and on the floor.  Why is it when the bed is lower to the ground, he falls out?  He never did this at our house when the mattress was on a frame. 

Another "fun" event was that Collin locked me in the master bathroom.  Yep, I did not discover that the lock was on the outside of the door until I was using the bathroom area and I heard a "click" and then Collin running down the hall.  I was thankful Daddy was there and could let me out.  That will be the first thing on the list that needs to get fixed!

Daddy and Collin do have to get up earlier to either catch the bus in front of our house or to be dropped off at school.  This is a struggle for both of my boys because they are not morning people.  I have helped every morning so far to push them both along...but not without crying, complaining or stubbornness from one or both of them....OK, me too. 

Well, it will be an adjustment for all of us but only needed temporarily.  We expect to be in the apartment 5 months....and I hope not much longer than that.  They are VERY busy at the house already.  As of Day 2, all of the sheet rock, electrical and ceiling on the first floor has been removed.  No changing our minds now!


Day 1 - before the demolition


Day 1 - at the end of the day


No comments: